If you will be conducting a survey about the most common types of skin problems, regardless of age, which a person can have, there is a very big chance that you will find scars and stretch marks as very near the top of the list. Aside from being found in almost everyone, these two skin problems are quite the trouble in eliminating. Anyone can attest just how much a scar or a stretch mark can alter a person’s appearance. In fact, scars often become a distinguishing feature for some.
The fact that they are regularly found in people, hard to treat, and significantly alter the appearance of a person has led Merz Pharmaceuticals to base their line of products in eliminating or treating scars and stretch marks. One product in their line is the Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy.
For the uninitiated, stretch marks are still technically called scars. So, it makes sense that products featuring stretch marks treatment should also be able to treat “traditional scars” or those that remained after a wound has healed. It should also be noted that the Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy, based on its ingredients, is not merely meant for pregnant women. The product should be able to take care of a skin that has shown some damage despite the skin’s natural ability to restore its normal looks.
How does it work?
The Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy bases its claims on a proprietary mix of ingredients to treat scars and stretch marks. It is a therapy that relies heavily on an onion extract, they call Cepalin. This ingredient does the brunt of the work in making scars as receptive to treatment as possible. Onion extracts are usually used to treat skin swelling and itchiness. The mixture also features hyaluronic acid, which is a staple in most anti-aging creams. HA’s are found in skin care products for their ability to keep the skin moisturized.
These are some of the ingredients found in the Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy: allium cepae bulb extract, tocopheryl acetate, pentylene glycol, behenyl alcohol, sodium hyaluronate, centella asiatica, hydrolyzed soy protein, and many more.
Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Benefits
- The Mederma performs as advertised as far as skin softener is concerned.
- It provides people with a another option when it comes to stretch marks treatment as it offers a different combination of ingredients. People who are in the hunt for something new in their skin care products can give this a shot.
- The hyaluronic acid is always dependable as a skin moisturizer. At the very least, people can get a well-hydrated skin, which should address other issues like a dry skin.
- The Mederma therapy is expected to show clear results after about three months or at least a month for the lucky ones. There are certainly those who cannot wait that long to get some visible results.
- It works only for newer scars or stretch marks. This seriously limits the product’s appeal to some people.
- It does not totally remove stretch marks, which is a big disappointment considering the time frame needed to see clear results.