The Beauty Diet is found in Lisa Drayer’s book, The Beauty Diet: Looking Great Has Never Been So Delicious. It is a book that emphasizes how a person can lose weight and gain that youthful look and feeling by eating 10 recommended foods. One of the reasons why the book is very popular is the author’s resume. Lisa is an award-winning nutritionist and is the go-to dietitian by numerous public figures from the entertainment and political world.
The 10 recommended foods are explained in detail at the start of the book while dieters are strongly advised to eat at least one of these foods every time they eat. Dieters are also asked to stay within the 1500 calorie limit and eat raw fruits and vegetables daily to achieve their diet goals. Aside from these, dieters can also enjoy the numerous beauty tips included in the book.
Foods to Include in the Beauty Diet
Here are some of the recommended foods of the Beauty Diet: wheat bread, spinach, kale, asparagus, lettuce, avocado, banana, almonds, walnuts, cherries, figs, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, wild salmon, egg whites, turkey, raspberries, blueberries, sweet potatoes, yogurt and others.
Sample Meal Plan
Whole grain cereal with skim milk and banana
Greek yogurt, strawberries, and a handful of almonds
Chicken sandwich with tomato
Celery sticks with ham and mustard
Grilled wild salmon tomatoes, lettuce, and lemon
In order to stay get a toned body and to stay slim, exercises are recommended by the Beauty Diet. Dieters can choose whatever workouts they find most comfortable with while yoga and Pilates are very much encouraged by Lisa Drayer.
- A wide assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables are recommended.
- The recommended foods are guaranteed to make anyone healthier and have a more positive lifestyle.
- The diet has very specific meal plans together with numerous recipes.
- It offers additional and indispensable beauty tips.
- Logical and sensible explanation of the 10 basic foods needed in this diet.
- The premium on beauty as the basis of the diet could put off some people.
- Some of the recommended beauty foods do not have much appeal to some.
- Can be a bit costly when it comes to some of the recommended foods like oysters.
- No specific exercise program included.
The correlation between what people eat and their appearance is emphasized in this diet. Based on this premise, the in-depth explanation of the 10 basic foods is fantastic as people will get a better understanding of how the diet works. However, a closer study of the diet shows that calorie restriction is still the basis of the weight loss plan as opposed to the benefits of eating one the 10 beauty foods. Generally, dieters should be healthier and look better with the Beauty Diet.