The Anticancer Diet is a diet being focused on the book Anticancer: A New Way of Life written by David Servan-Schreiber PhD, a neuroscientist who underwent surgery and chemotherapy due to brain cancer. A healthy lifestyle and diet are among the important matters being discussed in this book, giving emphasis to the facts that dietary factor, toxins, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy habits, and poor lifestyle contribute to the development of cancer cells in the body. The anticancer diet is more of vegetables, fruits, and fish. Meats may be an option once in a while.
Foods to Include in the Anticancer Diet
Beans, beets, bok choy, broccoli, brown rice, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cranberries, cabbage, dark chocolate, fish, green tea, grapefruit, garlic, lentils, mint, multigrain bread, , organic dairy products, organic meat, onions, omega 3 eggs, peas, quinoa, raspberries, rosemary, turmeric, tofu, thyme
As part of the anticancer diet, a 30-minute exercise every day and some yoga meditation are highly recommended because it provides a huge impact on the body in reducing the development of cancer. It is also essential in the daily activity to promote healthy lifestyle for a healthier inner body.
- It helps reduce risk of cancer or relapse of cancer.
- It can be used along with other cancer treatments.
- It acknowledges the importance of emotional and psychological factors as part of the overall health.
- It encourages large intake of fruits and vegetables.
- It recommends scientifically studied diets that lower down the risk of cancer.
- It presents sets of explanations based on science about the cancer development and mechanism in the body.
- It tells about the recovery of the author from cancer, which served as an inspiration to other cancer patients.
- There is no meal plan or diet plan suggested or recommended.
- The recommended foods as anticancer are not specifically discussed as to how they should be taken or consumed.
- Obesity as one of the factors of the risk of cancer is not discussed and addressed accordingly.
The Anticancer: A New Way of Life is the book written by a cancer patient who experienced the same pains and sufferings that cancer patients suffered from. With this book, he was able to give a better comprehensive analysis of the risks and factors related to the disease, and with scientific based studies and researches, his anticancer diet plans helped a lot of people in reducing the risks and in improving the condition. Although there is no given specific meal plan, the details and factors discussed on the book can be used widely in the development of a better plan.