The Anti Estrogenic Diet is a diet designed for individuals with estrogen imbalances. This diet is focused on eliminating the chemicals and foods that affects the estrogen of the body. The anti-estrogenic foods, as well as the herbs and spices used in the recipes, are emphasized to add anti-estrogen.
The author of this program is Ori Hofmekler. The diet plan has three phases intended for estrogen reduction:
1st Phase The liver detoxification program. This program emphasizes the benefits and usefulness of fruits, cruciferous vegetables, low-fat yogurt, whole grains, organic eggs, aged cheese, beans, and wild-caught fish.
2nd Phase Introduction of Foods that have anti-estrogenic effect. To be added to the first phase of the diet are the olives and raw nuts, which are naturally high in fats. This food provides the needed nourishment for the improvement of the hormonal systems.
3rd Phase The reintroduction of meat, pasta, and bread, but specifically emphasized to be included in the evening meal. Two of these dietary approaches are recommended for dieters on an every other day basis.
Foods to Include in the Anti-Estrogenic Diet
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts, and citrus fruits, nuts, eggs, avocado, organic milk products, tea, and coffee.
Sample Diet Plan
1 glass of water
1 cup of coffee
8 oz organic yogurt
1 cup organic strawberries
Green salad with olive oil dressing
2 poached eggs
1-2 oz organic cheese
Granny Smith apple, peeled
Late Afternoon Snack
Whey-protein Shake (pesticide-free)
Rice and black beans
Green salad with onions
4-6 poached or boiled eggs
8 oz Wild-caught fish
2 oz cheese
- This book reaches out to people who suffer from the symptoms of estrogen imbalanced and also to those who already tried other diet plans but failed to get effective results.
- It recommends higher quality choice of foods instead of the lower ones, and it never talks about eliminating the usual food groups, but a switch from poor food selection to the best ones.
- It helps reduce exposure to foods that contain chemicals and pesticides.
- It helps reduce the risk in hormonal-related conditions that develop into health problems like breast cancer, ovarian, prostate, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- It helps manage and reduce the risks from other conditions like diabetes, insulin resistance, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- It is hard to follow the diet plan of taking only a cup of coffee and a grapefruit for breakfast and only lighter meals during the day.
- Supplements that are recommended to take to follow the diet plan mean additional expenses.
The Anti Estrogenic Diet is actually a nutritious diet program that can benefit an individual regarding the condition. By taking lighter meals during the day, the calorie intake is actually being restricted. With the plan, the body will be nourished properly, resulting in losing weight as well as in improving the estrogen imbalance of the body.