The Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale is a diet program that focuses more on the fat burning approach by simply choosing low carbohydrate diet and periods of high carbohydrate diet and specific body building exercises. The main point of the program is to make the body not as one that depends on the carbohydrates for the fuel, but a fat burning machine.
The basic of the program is for the body to have low carb diet for a faster mode in burning fats. Although there will be some uncomfortable symptoms to experience, such as dizziness, brain fog, and fatigue as a result of the low carb diet, these symptoms are common and will only last for at least 48 hours during the phase.
The carbohydrate intake on the first week of the program is limited to only 30 grams or less in a day. This is designed for quick changes, and when combined with exercises, the body changes from a simple carbohydrate diet to a fat burning machine.
As the dieter continues the program from this quick switch, high carbohydrate periods can be incorporated in the diet plan. An emphasis on this is important to note because it is an essential part of the program for a more optimal weight loss and a healthier, in-shape physique.
Foods to Include in the Anabolic Diet
Chicken, cheese, butter, fish, meat, peanuts, tofu, diet soda, artificial sweeteners, low carb vegetables, fish oil, mustard, pickles, Caesar salad dressing, sour cream, and sugar-free Jello.
Sample Diet Plan
Weekday Low Carb Plan at 3,000 Calories limitation
5 Hard-boiled Eggs
6 oz. ham
½ Cup Cottage Cheese
8 oz Corned Beef
2 oz Cream Cheese
6 oz Jack Cheese
8 oz Chicken
2 Tablespoons Salsa
1 Corn Tortilla
1 oz Pistachio Nuts
2 Slices American Cheese
Weekend High Carb Plan at 3000 Calories limitation
2 English Muffins with 2 tablespoons Jelly
1 bowl Cereal with Nonfat Milk
8 oz Applesauce
1 Bagel (no butter)
Chef Salad (no egg or cheese) with Low Fat Dressing
2 Dinner Rolls
1 Cup Canned Fruit Salad
2 Graham Crackers
3 cups Pasta with Marinara Sauce
1 cup Green Beans
Salad with low fat dressing
1 Angel food Cake
1 cup Strawberries
1 tablespoon Cool Whip
Exercises are highly recommended for this program. It is not about the low carb and a period of high carb diet, but also about the proper body building exercise to lose weight and to keep the body in a desired shape. Cardiovascular exercises are needed to make the program effective.
- It is an effective program in losing body fats and in maintaining/increasing muscle mass.
- It is an alternative option for dieters who want to build the body without using drugs.
- It helps reduce fatigue and impaired performances due to low card diet.
- It provides easy-to-follow sample menus at 1500 and 3000 calories.
- It helps increase metabolic rate with frequent meals in the diet program.
- It encourages dieters to eat when hungry.
- The approach to this diet is controversial.
- The high fat diet is questionable in terms of safety.
- The low carb diet is not good for some dieters.
- Sensitive dieters may experience disrupt on the glucose balance when low and high carb diets are alternated.
- No fruit and vegetable intake recommended.
- The low fiber intake may lead to constipation.
- The meal plans suggested lack on variety and are not appealing.
- A variety of supplements like amino acids, protein drinks, evening primrose oil and antioxidant, and fish oils are recommended.
- This is not designed for athletes who do high intensity exercises.
- The vegetarian diet is not part of the plan.
The Anabolic diet leaves a questionable technique on the long-term effects of the plan to a dieter. They may be placed on health risks and other consequences if there is no health balance involved in the plan.