By now, almost everybody should have heard or known about the inspirational story of Ali Vincent and her amazing feat as the first female winner of the “Biggest Loser.” In this reality show, Ali started off weighing 234 pounds and won the contest after losing an incredible 112 pounds! Losing this much weight in a very healthy way is certainly very motivational. More so, Ali is sharing some of her diet secrets to success in her book Believe It, Be It; How Being the Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life.
Although the book does not provide itemized meal plans, recipes and other methods are found in abundance. One such important method is to keep track of the kind of food one is eating including the amount. It is much easier to know what works best when an accounting of sorts is done. The type of support one has from people is also very important in achieving weight loss goals as Ali found out during the competition. Thus, she is encouraging people who would like to lose weight to get as many people to pull for them in whatever way possible.
Foods to Include in the Ali Vincent Diet
The recommended intake focuses on low-fat food and drinks, fruits, vegetables, and lean meat. These include strawberries, watermelons, lettuce, tomato, squash, carrots, almonds, turkey, and others.
Sample Diet Plan
Hard-boiled egg with wheat toast and coffee.
Yogurt with a handful of almonds.
A plethora of vegetables like cucumber, lettuce, tomato, with a small turkey.
Chicken breast with 1 apple.
Grilled salmon with green vegetables like asparagus.
Based on experience, Ali believes that a good exercise program is a key in getting the desired weight loss goals. Despite the fact that no detailed exercise regimen is provided, she still points out the importance of burning some fats and calories by working out at least once every three days.
- Even if she had not won, her determination to lose weight and to keep it down is nothing short of amazing and inspiring. The fact that she won only makes the book and her success more attractive.
- Ali represents the average Joes and Janes before winning the competition. Most of the people can see the logic of her situation and determination to succeed which makes readers more determined to follow her style and technique.
- The book offers very applicable and concrete ways to lose weight.
- The importance given to an exercise regimen unexpectedly does not include a detailed workout program.
- No new information provided as far as weight loss diet is concerned.
Whereas other diet books depend on the drawing power of third party celebrities, this one relies on the author herself for inspiration and motivation. Ali Vincent’s life is living proof that weight related goals can be achieved and sustained. The book, though, would have been infinitely better if detailed meal plan and exercise programs are sufficiently provided.